Sunday, March 22, 2015

In the moment - Easy to say but....

During a recent class I was talking about how to train yourself to draw more precise lines after a student expressed a little frustration with her work. I talked about keeping your eye on the tip of the pen. " Focus on where you are, not where you are going or where you have been. This helps you land where you want to when you get there. You can see both where you are and your destination when the two points are close enough. "

As I let that hang in the air for a moment people worked at their tiles and I realized that what I had just said applied to the entire focus of my business! " Focus on where you are not where you have been or where you are going." I thought, 'WOW!' Through sharing my passion and helping someone work through a block these words came to me like they were scripted!

Call it kismet or synchronicity, through trusting in the process and doing the work, I found the words that I have been searching for to describe what I want to help people with in my business!

In the moment  is the name of my business and the mission of this journey I am on. I spend so much time, and I know I'm not alone, rushing, planning, worrying and beating myself up for plans that were laid to waste by life as we know it. I want to help people recognize that by stopping and focusing on this moment, where you are, who you are with and what you are doing in that moment can provide so much fullness in your heart. When I am lucky enough to be in this zone I remember these moments with so much more clarity than others that I flew threw worrying about all the things going on around me rather than what I was feeling, seeing, hearing and thinking in that moment.

I hope that by teaching Zentangle and focusing on the meditational side of this practice I can help people find a moment of peace, an hour of satisfaction in a job well done or a feeling of accomplishment when the pieces fall into place just as you dreamed even when you did not know the pieces were there in the first place!

Tangle on!

Love and light

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment